ATO Community

JobKeeper

Views 685

Replies 3

Hi, 

I was just wondering if it was possible for an employer to add you to the jobkeeper scheme later on? 

As in other employees at work have been on it for over a month, however I have been eligible from the start and they have denied me the money but giving it to other people. They have now told me that they will put me on the list, is this possible or have I been on the list the whole time?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @arp 

If the employer chooses to participate in JobKeeper, they must offer this to all eligible employees. Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible

employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure

that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.

This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or

have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will

participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

You should discuss this with your employer, it sounds like they did not believe you were eligible for Job Keeper. Read the information about your eligibility that I have included in the hyperlink above. If it confirms that you were eligible then your employer needs to nominate you and you need to complete a Jobkeeper employee nomination notice and return it to them to be included in the program from the next fortnight.

If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

PBlizz

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @arp 

If the employer chooses to participate in JobKeeper, they must offer this to all eligible employees. Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible

employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure

that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.

This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or

have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will

participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

You should discuss this with your employer, it sounds like they did not believe you were eligible for Job Keeper. Read the information about your eligibility that I have included in the hyperlink above. If it confirms that you were eligible then your employer needs to nominate you and you need to complete a Jobkeeper employee nomination notice and return it to them to be included in the program from the next fortnight.

If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

PBlizz

Replies 0

Hi thank you for your response PBlizz, 

I understand this to be true and I have called the ATO when my work said I wasn't eligible and they said I was eligible, and multiple people have told the employer this information, he is aware that it is a 1 in all in kind of deal, but he isn't responding to anyone. I have filled in a tip off form just over a month ago but nothing has come out of it, I don't know how long it usually takes though.

I need money which is why I am going back to the place I was working at, however he only gave jobkeeper to the full and part time employees whereas he didn't give it to any of the casual employees that fit the elgibility. But since asking me to come back to work he has told me he is now going to put me on JobKeeper, and I just want to know if he actually can add me now even though I have been elibible this whole time? Can he add anyone to the list he has already submitted?

Is there anything else I can do? My employeer isn't listening to us at all, and if I continue to question I will probably be fired.

Replies 0

I also was going to call the ATO and ask if I had been put onto the JobKeeper Scheme through my employeer, however I read you can't do that, so I am kind of stuck.