Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper 2.0 Alternative Test

Dynamo

Views 339

Replies 3

Hi, 

I have a company without employee. I was on jobkeeper until September 2020. My business has not improved since March 2020 and my company turnover for September 2020 quater unfortunately is zero. My turnover in September 2019 was zero due to my wife had cancer and I had to take leave for a few months to look after her during that time hence the zero turnover. When I compared my turn over September 2020 (zero) and September 2019 (zero), I will not be able to show 30% reduction in turn over to be eligible for Jobkeeper 2.0. Am I eligible for Jobkeeper 2.0 and can I use the alternative test? If yes, under which alternative test category should I choose?

My business entity is company. Is there an alternative test for company? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Frank9999

Yes as this is an event or circumstance outside the ordinary course of the entity's business, the business closed for a week or more, some or all of the relevant comparison period occurred during the time in which your entity's business had temporarily ceased trading, and your entity’s business resumed trading before 28 September 2020. You can use the test to apply the link and information @Fluxpavillion has provided is correct. Here I will provide the same link which outlines the test you need to use.

Hope this helps!

3 REPLIES 3

Superuser

Replies 2

It sounds like you may eligible. Did you stop trading for more than a week in September last year?

There's an alternative test that relates to a business (which can be a company) temporarily ceasing  due to an event outside of the ordinary business.

See below

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/In-detail/Actual-decline-in-turnover-test/?anchor=A...

Temporarily ceasing to trade includes a business ceasing to make supplies or where it cannot otherwise offer its goods and services to customers. It does not require that the entity stopped carrying on business but requires a suspension of the ordinary activities of the business due to some event or circumstance outside the ordinary course of business.

Dynamo

Replies 0

Hi,

Yes, I stopped trading for more than a week in September last year. Am I eligible if my reason for stopped trading during that time was due to I have to take time off to look after my wife who had cancer? Please help.

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Frank9999

Yes as this is an event or circumstance outside the ordinary course of the entity's business, the business closed for a week or more, some or all of the relevant comparison period occurred during the time in which your entity's business had temporarily ceased trading, and your entity’s business resumed trading before 28 September 2020. You can use the test to apply the link and information @Fluxpavillion has provided is correct. Here I will provide the same link which outlines the test you need to use.

Hope this helps!