ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper 2.0 Maternity Leave

Views 1668

Replies 4

I’m currently on maternity leave and being paid Jobkeeper. I am a full time employee but not returning to work until January 2021. Under Jobkeeper 2.0 would I qualify for the full time payment or the part time payment as I am working less than 20 hours a week on maternity leave?

It appears the test is based on working hours in February 2020 and I was already on maternity leave then.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Alison2107,

I understand it can all sound a bit confusing now that there are new rates depending on hours worked etc, but the good news for you is that you will continue to qualify for the higher rate of JobKeeper.

This is because you were a full-time employee before taking time off, so you are still considered to be a full-time employee while on maternity leave.   

AlBar

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Alison2107,

I understand it can all sound a bit confusing now that there are new rates depending on hours worked etc, but the good news for you is that you will continue to qualify for the higher rate of JobKeeper.

This is because you were a full-time employee before taking time off, so you are still considered to be a full-time employee while on maternity leave.   

AlBar

Replies 0

Thank you for the response. It is most helpful.

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi Albar,
I am a fulltime employee.
I went on maternity leave in August 2019 & my paid parental leave finished in January 2020. I have been receiving JobKeeper since May 2020 as I am an eligible employee.
On Wednesday my employer advised that I will not be eligible for JK 2.0 based on the fact that I am on unpaid maternity leave and working 0 hours. Can you please confirm if my employer is correct in unnominating me for JK? I believe I should still be eligible. Thanks so much.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @maternityleave

That is correct you should still be eligible to receive the JobKeeper payment as long as you are on unpaid maternity leave and not paid maternity leave. It does not matter that you are working 0 hours.

You can find more information can be found in our knowledge based article under employees and individuals.

All the best!