Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper 2.0 eligibility

Views 398

Replies 1

Hi, i have been stood down from my casual employer in March 2020 (i wasn't eligible for the first round as i was not 12 months of employment then but i am now). They have just emailed me today that they deem me to be an eligible candidate. Though, the email they have sent stated that "If you are a long-term casual employee who is eligible with no permanent employer, you can nominate your casual employer". I have ONLY just started a new full time job 2 days ago, would i still be eligible to receive the jobkeeper payment from my casual employer? I have had no employer since i have been stood down. I have been getting conflicting messages, my work HR believes i wont be eligible now that i have a full time employment elsewhere but advised me to call ATO, and when i called ATO 3 times (the first agent said i am not eligible, the second agent said she couldnt tell me whether or not im eligible, the third agent said i am eligible). Please i need some clarification! My HR said if i do apply and i get the payments and turns out that i actually am not eligible, then i have to be liable to paying the payments back. I have to complete the nomination form but i am not getting any direct response towards my eligibility. Please help me! Im unsure what to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The wording of the Legislation is:

at the time the individual gives the entity the nomination notice:

(i)  the individual is not excluded under subsection (4) from being an eligible employee of the entity for the fortnight in which the time occurs; and

(ii)  if the individual is a long term casual employee of the entity—the individual is not also an employee (other than a casual employee) of another entity; and

(iii)  the individual has not given any other entity, or the Commissioner, a nomination notice under this subsection or subsection 12(4) or 12B(4).

So if employed elsewhere at the time you are nominating, you are ineligible.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The wording of the Legislation is:

at the time the individual gives the entity the nomination notice:

(i)  the individual is not excluded under subsection (4) from being an eligible employee of the entity for the fortnight in which the time occurs; and

(ii)  if the individual is a long term casual employee of the entity—the individual is not also an employee (other than a casual employee) of another entity; and

(iii)  the individual has not given any other entity, or the Commissioner, a nomination notice under this subsection or subsection 12(4) or 12B(4).

So if employed elsewhere at the time you are nominating, you are ineligible.