ATO Community

Jobkeeper 2.0 legislation passed - alternative tests

Initiate

Views 502

Replies 2

Now with Jobkeeper 2.0 having been legislated as at 01/09 - is there any information as to whether the previous or new alternative tests will apply to determine a decline in turnover?

I fear being one of the likely many business' that don't satisfy the basic test that we'll be left out despite heavy hits to income and no other support grants available to us.

Any solid information would be appreciated if anyone has any!

Many thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @CleanerTax,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the legislation was only passed today I would recommend you continue to check our website for updates in the coming days, once it is listed on our website it can be relied upon. Treasury website also has information about JobKeeper extension. There is also relevant information on our website about determining eligible employees from 1 July.

Hope this helps.

JacquelineATO

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @CleanerTax,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the legislation was only passed today I would recommend you continue to check our website for updates in the coming days, once it is listed on our website it can be relied upon. Treasury website also has information about JobKeeper extension. There is also relevant information on our website about determining eligible employees from 1 July.

Hope this helps.

JacquelineATO

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you @JacquelineATO 

I'll keep an eye on the Treasury website. It's more than a shame that they haven't defined the relevant alternative tests with us being 3 weeks out from 2.0. Victorians really need an answer on this especially - but again thank you for letting me know what information is out there so far.