Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Cut Off Date regarding PR status changing

Highlighted

Views 95

Replies 1

I have been with my employer for coming up 3 years. On the 12th of May my permanent residency came though (820 to 801 Partner Visa) but my employer has said it is too late/ it doesn’t make me eligible to be paid jobkeeper even though I now hit all the criteria. I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not this is the case? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Toriasca 

To determine if you are an eligible employee two tests must be satisfied at different times:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

The 1 March 2020 test requires that you met all of the following criteria on 1 March 2020:

• You were aged 18 years or older at 1 March 2020 (if you were 16 or 17 you can also qualify for fortnights before 11 May 2020, and continue to qualify after that if you are independent or not undertaking full time study.
  • You were an employee (other than a casual employee) of the employer, or you were a long term casual employee.
  • You were an Australian resident within the meaning of section 7 of the Social Security Act 1991 or you were both a tax resident of Australia for the purposes of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 and the holder of a Subclass 444 (Special Category) visa. More information is available on the residency requirement.

If you did not satisfy these requirements on 1 March 2020, you are not considered an eligible employee of an employer entitled to a JobKeeper payment.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Toriasca 

To determine if you are an eligible employee two tests must be satisfied at different times:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

The 1 March 2020 test requires that you met all of the following criteria on 1 March 2020:

• You were aged 18 years or older at 1 March 2020 (if you were 16 or 17 you can also qualify for fortnights before 11 May 2020, and continue to qualify after that if you are independent or not undertaking full time study.
  • You were an employee (other than a casual employee) of the employer, or you were a long term casual employee.
  • You were an Australian resident within the meaning of section 7 of the Social Security Act 1991 or you were both a tax resident of Australia for the purposes of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 and the holder of a Subclass 444 (Special Category) visa. More information is available on the residency requirement.

If you did not satisfy these requirements on 1 March 2020, you are not considered an eligible employee of an employer entitled to a JobKeeper payment.