Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper Declaration - Mistake in Turnover Amount

Initiate

Views 234

Replies 1

Hi there,

I am seeking assistance with the following matter: I have been eligible for the Jobkeeper payment according to all the conditions. My business was heavily affected by COVID-19 and at times turnover was 0.

However, when registering for the jobkeeper payment I contacted the ATO assistance line to ask if I am eligible since I am not registered for GST. They said even if I was not registered for GST but met the criteria (which I did) I can enrol. Before I hung up, I asked the man if I had to include the Jobkeeper payment as part of my turnover when I declare and he said yes.

Therefore, in all of my declarations when I have been calculating turnover, I have been including the $1,500 as part of the turnover amount. I am confused if this was correct or not because according to this community that amount shouldnt be included in the count. Therefore, the amounts I have been declaring (which include the $1500 per fortnight as income) have been over estimated/calculated. For example if I declared $1800, only $300 was actual income and the $1500 was from jobkeeper.

I am very confused because I feel I was misguided that day over the phone and now I want to know how this affects me when I apply for the extension.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @nora1

We recommend you read this previously answered post which outlines whether you need to include the payments and what to do if a mistake has been made. We also have more information on what needs to be included when determining turnover on our site.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @nora1

We recommend you read this previously answered post which outlines whether you need to include the payments and what to do if a mistake has been made. We also have more information on what needs to be included when determining turnover on our site.

Hope this helps!