Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Eligibility

Highlighted

Views 164

Replies 1

Hi!

I was wondering if being on jobseeker will affect my eligibility for jobkeeper payments? I'd been approved for jobseeker when my employer told me that I could still be hired when work goes back. My employwr has submitted the paperwork. Does anyone know if being on jobseeker will affect my eligibility for jobkeeper? And if so, what should I do?

Thanks,

Mharris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mharris,

Our JobKeeper knowledge base article answers this question. 

I’ve applied for the JobSeeker Payment as well, can I claim both?

If you’re receiving or have applied for an income support payment like JobSeeker Payment and your employer starts paying you JobKeeper payment, you must report that income to Services Australia. If you don’t, they will pay you too much and you’ll have a debt to pay back. If you start to get JobKeeper payment you may need to cancel your JobSeeker Payment to avoid getting a debt.

We really appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

EmilyW

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mharris,

Our JobKeeper knowledge base article answers this question. 

I’ve applied for the JobSeeker Payment as well, can I claim both?

If you’re receiving or have applied for an income support payment like JobSeeker Payment and your employer starts paying you JobKeeper payment, you must report that income to Services Australia. If you don’t, they will pay you too much and you’ll have a debt to pay back. If you start to get JobKeeper payment you may need to cancel your JobSeeker Payment to avoid getting a debt.

We really appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

EmilyW