Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Employee Eligibility: Multiple Employers

Highlighted

Views 190

Replies 1

Hi, 

I was just wanting to seek clarification with the JobKeeper payment. I work two jobs both of which are casual (one is working in the hospitality industry and the other is a temporary contractor role). My job in the hospitality industry is my primary job and I have been offered the JobKeeper payment as the business has shut down temporarily. However, I am still working at my second job, so I was just wanting to enquire if I am still eligible for the JobKeeper payment if I still getting an income from my other job? I meet all the criterias of the JobKeeper payment however I just wanted to confirm what the go was. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @emz2399,

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and we do understand this can be a difficult time for many.

If your primary employer has ceased to trade and therfore you have lost income you can still be eligible for JobKeeper payments if you meet the eligibility criteria.

There is a step by step guide on how to claim JobKeeper as an eligible employee.

You can only claim JobKeeper from one employer, and you should advise your second employer that you are claiming JobKeeper through your primary employer. 

Good luck and I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @emz2399,

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and we do understand this can be a difficult time for many.

If your primary employer has ceased to trade and therfore you have lost income you can still be eligible for JobKeeper payments if you meet the eligibility criteria.

There is a step by step guide on how to claim JobKeeper as an eligible employee.

You can only claim JobKeeper from one employer, and you should advise your second employer that you are claiming JobKeeper through your primary employer. 

Good luck and I hope this helps, SueO