Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Jobkeeper : HARDSHIP URGENT PAYMENT

Views 1208

Replies 2

Can my Jobkeeper payment date be expedited by the ATO? I’m a sole trader experiencing severe financial hardship. More than 2 weeks ago I enrolled, identified myself as a business participant and completed the monthly business declaration. I don’t have employees. I’ve been hanging on ATO advice that payments would be made in the 1st week of May. I’ve not been paid, I can’t pay business expenses & I have no food. Can the ATO contact me re: urgent payment? https://twitter.com/bradls99/status/1258709406444711937?s=20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Sub-aquatic 

Thanks for contacting us. The fastest way to sort out the reason you have not yet received the JobKeeper payment is to call the ATO to check your account.

1800 806 218 – Emergency Support Infoline for enquiries about the recently announced JobKeeper payment and superannuation measures

13 28 66 – Business Infoline for general enquiries including the recently announced JobKeeper payment

To check your account they will need to establish your identity. You can see more information about the questions you will be asked to establish your identity.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Sub-aquatic 

Thanks for contacting us. The fastest way to sort out the reason you have not yet received the JobKeeper payment is to call the ATO to check your account.

1800 806 218 – Emergency Support Infoline for enquiries about the recently announced JobKeeper payment and superannuation measures

13 28 66 – Business Infoline for general enquiries including the recently announced JobKeeper payment

To check your account they will need to establish your identity. You can see more information about the questions you will be asked to establish your identity.

Replies 0

OUTCOME: ATO STATES MY JOBKEEPER PAYMENT SHOULD BE PAID IN 4-5 DAYS.
ATO TWEET : WAIT UNTIL 15 MAY, THEN RING?https://twitter.com/bradls99/status/1258709406444711937?s=20
FEEDBACK : Thank you for the contact information. Allegedly the PAYMENT DELAY is due to the number of applications being processed. If this is the case, would the ATO, Treasury or the PM be willing to update the media? As a business owner, having accurate expectations regarding government assistance is essential to preserving my business and my mental health. I APPRECIATE ATO STAFF are working to process applications urgently.