Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Pay period ending March 1

Views 556

Replies 2

Hi

I am currently receiving jobkeeper as a long term casual. Pre covid, i typically worked 30+ hours but as is typical in hospitality January and February are quiet and unpaid leave is suggested to be taken at this time.

Therefore the Month of January was taken as unpaid leave. I will continue to receive jobkeeper into the extension period. However I will be classed as tier 2. The 28 day pay period that my employer is using is between jan 27- feb 23. This leaves me with only 65 hours worked during this period. (Partly due to unpaid leave). The 28 period that runs feb 2 - March 1 leaves me with 83 hours worked. This would place me in tier 1. My employer has let me know that as March 1 is part of that pay period the hours that fall within the pay period that ends March 1 cannot be used to make the calculation. None of the hours worked actually fall on March 1. They were 35 hours between feb 24-29.

The total hours worked feb 1 - feb 29 also exceed 80 hours.

Is there any way that these hours can be used in the calculation.
Thanks for your help. N
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Afternoon

they are correct in the periods they have used, they need to use the pay period BEFORE 01/3  but they also should be using the pay periods BEFORE 01/7 and using the most benefical.   

As you are casual this can be difficult as your hours would change, have them look at Junes pay period, if you go over 80 hrs, you should be on tier 1

this link goes into more detail

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Payment-rates/80-hour-threshold-for-employees/?anch...

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Afternoon

they are correct in the periods they have used, they need to use the pay period BEFORE 01/3  but they also should be using the pay periods BEFORE 01/7 and using the most benefical.   

As you are casual this can be difficult as your hours would change, have them look at Junes pay period, if you go over 80 hrs, you should be on tier 1

this link goes into more detail

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Payment-rates/80-hour-threshold-for-employees/?anch...

Initiate

Replies 0

Kamala

I'm in the same boat as you. I worked over 80 hours in the 28 days prior to March 1st but because of my work's pay cycles, they looked at the 2 Feb pay cycles which then included 2 weeks in Jan & 2 in Feb and I worked under 80 hours cause of Australia Day closures :-(