ATO Community

Jobkeeper Payment for Casuals working for a Group of Companies

Views 538

Replies 1

Good morning

I understand the requirement for casual workers to qualify is 12 months regular casual employment for a company. How will the ATO deal with 'groups of companies'? For example PCYC. If someone has been a regular casual for 3 years for various PCYCs, would they qualify for Jobkeeper? In this particular case, the employee has been emplopyed by the local PCYC as a regular casual for 11 months, but has been employed by anoyher PCYC for 24 months preceding this. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

@DV 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community. I understand that there is a lot of information around at the moment and understand it can be confusing.

If the ABNs are different for the various PCYCs its most unlikely that they would be classified as the same business/employer. If this is the case unfortunately the casual employees will not be eligible for the JobKeeper payment.We are working off the current likely eligibility criteria at this time and the Employer factsheet.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I hope that I have been able to assit you with your question.

AngelaG

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

@DV 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community. I understand that there is a lot of information around at the moment and understand it can be confusing.

If the ABNs are different for the various PCYCs its most unlikely that they would be classified as the same business/employer. If this is the case unfortunately the casual employees will not be eligible for the JobKeeper payment.We are working off the current likely eligibility criteria at this time and the Employer factsheet.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I hope that I have been able to assit you with your question.

AngelaG