Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Payment second term (Sep 2020) for Permanent Residence Granted After 1 March

I'm new

Views 442

Replies 3

Hello,
Just wondering if I am an eligible employee for job keeper payment second term (Sep 2020) through my employer as I was granted a permanent Resident visa on 06 July 2020. I am working for the last 3 years for this employer. As my PR granted after March 1, I was not able to receive the first term Jobseeker payment. I understand there are lot of people who have similar situations and desperately looking for second term support.

Your guidance is highly appreciated.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @johns785

We now have some new information on our website about the announced JobKeeper changes. The key date for assessing which employees are eligible for JobKeeper is now 1 July 2020, rather than 1 March 2020. For more information about the 1 July 2020 test, have a look at our website.

You will see that despite this change, you still won't be eligible as you needed to meet the residency requirement as at 1 July 2020. Becoming a permanent resident on 6 July 2020 means that you haven't met this requirement.

Depending on your circumstances, becoming a permanent resident means that you may now be eligible for one of the other COVID-19 measures such as early release of super. Refer to the eligibility requirements for more information.

Good luck with it all.

3 REPLIES 3

Devotee

Replies 0

No one knows yet. They have not even written the regulations that will govern this part of the scheme. Hopefully they will release the rules really soon

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @johns785 

Information announced on the 21st July about the proposed JobKeeper extension is available on the Treasury website.

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @johns785

We now have some new information on our website about the announced JobKeeper changes. The key date for assessing which employees are eligible for JobKeeper is now 1 July 2020, rather than 1 March 2020. For more information about the 1 July 2020 test, have a look at our website.

You will see that despite this change, you still won't be eligible as you needed to meet the residency requirement as at 1 July 2020. Becoming a permanent resident on 6 July 2020 means that you haven't met this requirement.

Depending on your circumstances, becoming a permanent resident means that you may now be eligible for one of the other COVID-19 measures such as early release of super. Refer to the eligibility requirements for more information.

Good luck with it all.