Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper Sole Trader with one casual employee who is possibly ineligible

Highlighted

Views 260

Replies 1

Hi

I work for a sole trader as a casual employee I have two questions:

1. I have a permanent role with an Australian government agency but I have been on leave without pay since January 2019 (I do not receive parental payment or workers compensation or any other income) and I have been working casually for my sole trader employer since that time.  The Sole Trader's accountant says that I am an eligible employee for Jobkeeper because my permanent employer is specifically excluded from this scheme.   Am I?  

2. If I am ineligible because of above, does that mean my sole trader employer can not access the Jobkeeper scheme for themselves as the "eligible business entity/participant" as I am their only employee?  The sole trader meets the fall in turnover criteria and every other criteria (ABN, BAS lodged etc) and does not have any other employment. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

1. The requirements for working out if you are an eligible employee for long-term casual employees include that you are not a permanent employee of any other employer.
  2. The sole traders can apply as just an eligible business participant and say that they have 0 eligible employees.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

1. The requirements for working out if you are an eligible employee for long-term casual employees include that you are not a permanent employee of any other employer.
  2. The sole traders can apply as just an eligible business participant and say that they have 0 eligible employees.