ATO Community

Jobkeeper alternative test partnership now has employee

Views 373

Replies 1

We are a partnership husband and wife.
We had no employees in September 2019 when my husband took leave in September and October. Returning to work October.
My question : we had no employees in our comparison period 2019,
But in January we took on an apprentice.
Are we still eligible to use the alternative test to compare turnover given that our position in the test period 2019 had zero employees?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sharnee77,

Thanks for writing in, I just have a few questions to clarify please.

1. Is this to receive the original JobKeeper payments from 30 March 2020 to 28 Sept 2020?
  2. Are you trying to figure out whether your apprentice employee is eligible for JobKeeper?
  3. Follow this link and find heading to - work out if you’re an eligible business participant - have you tested those requirements for either you or your husband to receive the JobKeeper payment?

I’m asking these questions as the decline in turnover tests (basic or alternative) have no requirements that require you to have an employee within the comparison periods, only that your turnover declined within the comparison period.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sharnee77,

Thanks for writing in, I just have a few questions to clarify please.

1. Is this to receive the original JobKeeper payments from 30 March 2020 to 28 Sept 2020?
  2. Are you trying to figure out whether your apprentice employee is eligible for JobKeeper?
  3. Follow this link and find heading to - work out if you’re an eligible business participant - have you tested those requirements for either you or your husband to receive the JobKeeper payment?

I’m asking these questions as the decline in turnover tests (basic or alternative) have no requirements that require you to have an employee within the comparison periods, only that your turnover declined within the comparison period.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy