Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Jobkeeper & annual leave or unpaid leave for new Dad

I'm new

Views 642

Replies 1

My husband’s employer is receiving Jobkeeper for him. He is due to start Dad & Partner leave from Centrelink from the 14th August for 2 weeks. I understand his employer will not be eligible to receive the jobkeeper payment for him for those 2 weeks.

He previously put in an application to his employer for an extra 2 weeks of parental leave (paid annual leave) to commence after the Centrelink Dad Leave ends.

As I assume his employer will still receive Jobkeeper for him during the period of annual leave, is he able to take those 2 weeks as unpaid leave, and continue to be paid the jobkeeper payment by his employer - rather than being forced to deplete his annual leave balance (as his employer will be paying him the jobkeeper payment for the leave he takes)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The employer can require him to take the extra two weeks from his leave allocation. If he uses up his leave and if the employer agrees, he can take additional unpaid levee which will be coveref by JK. The Fairwork site has a good section on this. Just Google jobkeeper leave and click on the FW search result
All the best with the baby
1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The employer can require him to take the extra two weeks from his leave allocation. If he uses up his leave and if the employer agrees, he can take additional unpaid levee which will be coveref by JK. The Fairwork site has a good section on this. Just Google jobkeeper leave and click on the FW search result
All the best with the baby