Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Jobkeeper and Change of Business Focus

Views 806

Replies 2

Hi

Im still trying to clarify my situation.

So i am Self employed and a sole trader with an ABN. My income was derived from providing Family Day Care. I have been receiving the Jobkeeper payment directly from the ATO as i am a sole trader. I have ceased providing Family Day Care services in June and have changed my business to a cleaning service. I am still self employed and a sole trader with the same ABN. Am i able to continue receiving the Jobkeeper payment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @josie72,

Hopefully I have understood your question correctly.  I believe you are asking if the change in business function means you lose JobKeeper, as when you enrolled you were doing one thing (child care) and now you are doing something completely different (cleaning).

The answer is no – the services you provide are not the issue when determining eligibility, and as such they can change without having any effect on your payments.

The only issue of concern is whether you remain an eligible entity and an eligible business participant, and based on what have told us about your business and the fact that the ABR specifically states that ‘you can conduct any number of businesses/activities under the same ABN provided they all operate under the same business structure”, the answer is yes you do remain eligible.

AlBar

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @josie72,

Hopefully I have understood your question correctly.  I believe you are asking if the change in business function means you lose JobKeeper, as when you enrolled you were doing one thing (child care) and now you are doing something completely different (cleaning).

The answer is no – the services you provide are not the issue when determining eligibility, and as such they can change without having any effect on your payments.

The only issue of concern is whether you remain an eligible entity and an eligible business participant, and based on what have told us about your business and the fact that the ABR specifically states that ‘you can conduct any number of businesses/activities under the same ABN provided they all operate under the same business structure”, the answer is yes you do remain eligible.

AlBar

Devotee

Replies 0

You are using the same ABN so you remain eligible as long as you do your monthly declarations online. These are from the first of the next month and have to be done by the 14th