Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Jobkeeper and Unpaid maternity leave

I'm new

Views 238

Replies 1

Hi there! 
I have been looking in to my Jobkeeper payments from 2020, I was paid from the earliest point available up until I had my baby in July. And then took Unpaid Maternity Leave. My boss then with-held any further Jobkeeper payments from me. 
If my boss was claiming for all other employees, would they be able to legally terminate my payments (even though I was still elligable) or if they have kept them/sent my payments to another account/employee - could this be remedied? Would an audit need to occour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ Billybee,

Employers can continue claiming Jobkeeper for one staff member and stop claiming for another at anytime.

They should have confirmed your entitlement to continue receiving JobKeeper before cancelling it.

If you believe that your employer was not doing the right thing and continued to claim the JobKeeper on your behalf and not pass it on to you, then you can report this via "Making a Tip off" and we will investigate the matter further.

Links

Making a Tip Off

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ Billybee,

Employers can continue claiming Jobkeeper for one staff member and stop claiming for another at anytime.

They should have confirmed your entitlement to continue receiving JobKeeper before cancelling it.

If you believe that your employer was not doing the right thing and continued to claim the JobKeeper on your behalf and not pass it on to you, then you can report this via "Making a Tip off" and we will investigate the matter further.

Links

Making a Tip Off