Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper and showing it at G1 on the BAS

Initiate

Views 1969

Replies 3

Does the jobkeeper receipt need to be shown at G1 on the Activity Statement? (Y or N)

This is a question that has been asked previously but there appear to be conflicting and unclear answers on this site

Can an ATO representative please answer this question clearly - yes or no would be helpful (rather than a link to a thread that is vague or unclear)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @RobbM,

Sorry you feel the previous Community responses on this topic have been unclear.

The answer to your question is no. As you will see outlined on the ATO.gov.au website under the section on JobKeeper Payment / Tax and Bas agents“The JobKeeper payment is not subject to GST”, and therefore does not need to be shown anywhere in your Activity Statement.

AlBar

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @RobbM,

Sorry you feel the previous Community responses on this topic have been unclear.

The answer to your question is no. As you will see outlined on the ATO.gov.au website under the section on JobKeeper Payment / Tax and Bas agents“The JobKeeper payment is not subject to GST”, and therefore does not need to be shown anywhere in your Activity Statement.

AlBar

Replies 1

Hello Rob, I have the same concern.

The jobkeeper appears in G1 as that collects all gst, gst free and gst no tax codes.

This figure also appears in G3 as that collects all gst fee and gst no tax codes.

I work with myob and I kind of feel this is correct??

Thanks in advance.

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi mrshanna

Leave the jobkeeper receipt out completely from the BAS.  It has no place there

Per LCR2020/1 - government payments made to you that are not consideration for a supply are not included in calculating your GST turnover.  Jobkeeper and Cashflow boost payments are not a consideration for a supply and therfore not included in GST turnover.