Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper casual

Views 573

Replies 5

Hello,

I am currently employed through an education agency working as a casual primary school teacher. I have been recieving jobkeeper all of term 4. However when I pick up casual work during the fortnight my jobkeeper wage is less or 0. Does the hrs I work and amount I earn affect jobkeeper payment? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 3

Your casual work should not affect your jk payment at all. In other words, you should still get JK for your permanent job, plus your casual wages

5 REPLIES 5

Devotee

Replies 0

Jobkeeper does not work like that - unless your working hourswages are greater than the Jobkeeper amount, you will just get the Jobkeeper amount, not Jobkeeper + wages for hours worked 

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 3

Your casual work should not affect your jk payment at all. In other words, you should still get JK for your permanent job, plus your casual wages

Replies 0

My permanent job is my casual work. Its with the same company who pays me jk. 

Replies 1

My permanent job is my casual work. Its with the same company who pays me jk.  

Devotee

Replies 0

As mentioned previously, if your working hours wages do not exceed 1200 per fortnight ( tier 1 Jobkeeper paynment) you will NOT get more than that regardless of the hours worked. It is only if your working hours wages for the fortnight exceed 1200, you will get the actual calculated wage.