Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Jobkeeper change in hours

Views 683

Replies 1

My employers(partnership) wants to add me to jobkeeper and increase my hours during jobkeeper to match the $1500 amount, from average 1100 to 1200 before tax. While they decrease their hours since its cheaper to employ me rather than themselves since they were not qualified for jobkeeper.

basically I'll be taking over their hours only because I'm on jobkeeper.

is this legal? Or a reasonable request?

note: I'm a casual employee and don't want the extra hours since I'm busy with studies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shanos86,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act. The paragraph applicable to your situation can be found under ‘Asking eligible employees to work additional hours’.

All the best,
Dejan

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shanos86,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act. The paragraph applicable to your situation can be found under ‘Asking eligible employees to work additional hours’.

All the best,
Dejan