Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper eligibility - Self employed & part time employee elsewhere

Highlighted

Views 331

Replies 1

I am self employed (Director but only pay myself a small fortnightly wage through my company, trust set up) and I have a permanent part time job elsewhere (where I currently claim the tax free threshold). My company has had it's income reduced by about 90% and fits all other eligibility requirements. My part time job has had a pay cut of 45% but my employer will not meet the 30% downturn requirement! Can I claim the jobkeeper through my company as an employee? I only have short term casual employees other than myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MKB12 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You will need to look at whether you qualify as an eligible employee of your company first. If you are employed as casual in your company, and you have a permanent job elsewhere, then you can't choose to get JobSeeker as an employee (see this thread and the response from ChrisR for determining which employer you need to claim it from).

Please also check out the steps you need to follow, as a company, including what you need to do for your employees.

Hope this helps

thanks

LizdeK

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MKB12 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You will need to look at whether you qualify as an eligible employee of your company first. If you are employed as casual in your company, and you have a permanent job elsewhere, then you can't choose to get JobSeeker as an employee (see this thread and the response from ChrisR for determining which employer you need to claim it from).

Please also check out the steps you need to follow, as a company, including what you need to do for your employees.

Hope this helps

thanks

LizdeK