Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Jobkeeper eligibility when resigning halfway through fortnight

Views 524

Replies 1

I am hoping someone can tell me if I am eligible for the full $1500 jobkeeper payment upon resigning from my place of employment in which my position was from prior to COVID. I resigned with a single shift left that same day, in the second week of the pay fortnight running from the 21/720 - 3/8/20, and had worked a 3 hour shift on the 23rd.
Upon receiving my resignation my employer without warning cancelled my shift that evening and now I have received only $420 in pay for the final fortnight. I was employed as a part time worker.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Laura4,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To be eligible to receive JobKeeper Payment you have to be currently employed by an eligible employer. If your date of resignation and final day worked was the 23 July 2020 you would only be entitled to JobKeeper on the days you were employed by your employer so from the 21-23 July 2020.

You may want to contact Fair Work in relation to the amount of notice you are required to provide an employer when resigning and any annual leave entitlements you may be eligible to receive.

All the best,

JacquelineATO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Laura4,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To be eligible to receive JobKeeper Payment you have to be currently employed by an eligible employer. If your date of resignation and final day worked was the 23 July 2020 you would only be entitled to JobKeeper on the days you were employed by your employer so from the 21-23 July 2020.

You may want to contact Fair Work in relation to the amount of notice you are required to provide an employer when resigning and any annual leave entitlements you may be eligible to receive.

All the best,

JacquelineATO