Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Jobkeeper eligibility

Views 862

Replies 3

I was employed through a recruitment agency in a casual position at a company that had to close due to covid regulations. I was continually paid as a casual by the recruitment agency not the company. I was employed for 15 months. I have been told I am not eligible for the Jobkeeper allowance because the recruitment agency doesn’t qualify. They have not provided me with another position but the company that has had to close wants me back once it starts trading again. Why can’t I get the jobkeeper payment. I expect others would be in this position.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LB_2 we've received a similar question over here that might help with your situation: Recruitment agencies and JobKeeper

3 REPLIES 3

Devotee

Replies 1

Both the employer and employee need to be eligible to get the JobKeeper payment. Read through information on the proposed JobKeeper payment. The eligibilty criteria are explained there. 

Remember that this proposed payment has not passed legislation yet. The details are still being discussed in parliament and could change. Check back in a week or two maybe. 

if you can't get JobKeeper remember you can apply for JobSeeker through Services Australia. 

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Iheartrefunds

Your employer must register for the JobKeeper payment, if they do not wish to register, for whatever reason, there is nothing you

can do.

**Moderator removed link to incorrect information**

Contact the media or anyone you think can change this as it is a traveisty that employers can veto this initiative to help support

emplyees during this really bad time for all.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LB_2 we've received a similar question over here that might help with your situation: Recruitment agencies and JobKeeper