Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper empolyer pressuring appication

Views 591

Replies 2

My employer, a medium sized company, is pressuring us to fill in the application forms for them to submit to get the Jobkeeper. Obviously we raised concerns about our employment however they advised us all that we ( in our area) have no risk of job loss.
They openly advised that the subsidy will go to ohr wages and then the money that the company will save from paying us will go to paying someone else ( who may not be eligible for the jobkeeper) or will help boost the companies profits so they can "do things for their employees" ( ie. Lunches or pay bonuses)
I feel that this is unconscionable and the funds should only go to those who are eligible and should not boost the profits of the company. Is this what the ATO says can happen should the employer choose?
My employer has also laid lots of pressure on us to do it and that although it wont help us, we should to help others, however, we as essential staff will still need to come to work, work same hours, etc. Nothing changes for us.
I know the pressure is not right and they have done everything except outright order us to do it but is what they plan to do wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CatandMouse ,

As per paying your eligible employees , your employer needs to pay at least $1500 per fortnight (before tax) for every eligible employee. If you have concerns about some of your employer's practices, you can contact the Fair Work Commission regarding Jobkeeper disputes.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

Replies 0

There is nothing wrong in what they are doing. For them to claim Jobkeeper their revenue has fallen more than 30%. You should consider yourself lucky that you still have a job. I would sign the form as it's not going to cost you anything but give your employer certain future. The system has been hastily implemented and has many flaws but needed to be introduced quickly to avoid total collapse of the economy.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CatandMouse ,

As per paying your eligible employees , your employer needs to pay at least $1500 per fortnight (before tax) for every eligible employee. If you have concerns about some of your employer's practices, you can contact the Fair Work Commission regarding Jobkeeper disputes.

Thanks,