Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper enrolment issue for Trust

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 336

Replies 1

I'm trying to register a business participant for the Jobkeeper payment. They operate through a trust and have no eligible employees. However, I get an error advising that the employee questions must not equal "0" and does not allow me to complete the bank details and submit. Is this just a system/coding error - if so, is there a work around or how are we meant to register this type of business/scenario?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

We are in the same situation. Operating our business through a trust with no employees. I also attempted to register for JobKeeper through the ATO Business Portal and it would not accept 0 in the employee fields. 

I have just spoken with the Business Portal Helpline. Surprisingly it only took 10 mins to get through. They advised that the above issue is known in the system and that they are currently working to fix the problem. The fellow I spoke with said to try again in a few hours time.

:-)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

We are in the same situation. Operating our business through a trust with no employees. I also attempted to register for JobKeeper through the ATO Business Portal and it would not accept 0 in the employee fields. 

I have just spoken with the Business Portal Helpline. Surprisingly it only took 10 mins to get through. They advised that the above issue is known in the system and that they are currently working to fix the problem. The fellow I spoke with said to try again in a few hours time.

:-)