Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper for Sole Traders 3 step process

Highlighted

Views 219

Replies 2

According to ATO online (Mygov):

"Note: You should not use this JobKeeper employee nomination notice if you are intending to claim JobKeeper payments for an eligible business participant for example a partner in a partnership, an adult beneficiary of a trust or a shareholder or director of a company or a sole trader. A different nomination process will be required"....what is this different nomination process for sole traders? When do I have to do it?

Also, I have enrolled for JobKeeper as a sole trader...when do I receive it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Marpic 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper payment.

I would suggest checking out our JobKeeper Payment Knowledge Based Article for further information.

When will I receive the payment?

You will receive the payment within 2 weeks once you have enrolled, identified eligible employees and business participant and completed the monthly business declaration.

We have also published information on JobKeeper Key dates which provides further advice.

Thanks

SarahB1

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

When you enrolled for jobkeeper, you would have been asked the question, are you an eligible business participant. This is the nomination process for a sole trader.

No one has received any money from the ATO yet. 

Maybe someone from the ATO can answer that question.

Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Marpic 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper payment.

I would suggest checking out our JobKeeper Payment Knowledge Based Article for further information.

When will I receive the payment?

You will receive the payment within 2 weeks once you have enrolled, identified eligible employees and business participant and completed the monthly business declaration.

We have also published information on JobKeeper Key dates which provides further advice.

Thanks

SarahB1