Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper for Sole Traders: enrolled but wrong month entered

Enthusiast

Views 2213

Replies 4

Hello. I’ve enrolled for Jobkeeper for Sole Traders but I entered the wrong month to assess projected turnover. I wanted to select the April to June quarter but instead selected a single month of May. Will I be able to make changes to this so I can qualify for the Jobkeeper payment from 30 March?

——
I also cross posted this in a reply to another thread and will attach here:
——

I enrolled for Jobkeeper as a sole trader with no employees but was confused as to how to select a quarterly turnover range in the enrolment form.

I am projecting a fall in turnover from April to June quarter (and beyond). I only saw a monthly turnover option and so selected May as the midpoint.

I’m concerned this means I won’t get any payments backdated to 30 March and will only receive payments for May onwards.

Is there an option to change the month on the enrolment form? I couldn’t see a way to change any info once the enrolment form had been submitted.

Also, as a sole trader with no employees, am I required to do more than enrol? Step 2 on the page doesn’t seem to apply to me.
——

@ChrisATO or anyone else at the ATO, would you be able to help please?

Many thanks,
ECEB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 2

Hi,

You have to call the ATO and speak to someone. Call the Business Info line with your ABN on 13 28 66. They can amend it over the phone. Expect a long wait on the phone. I made the same mistake and had it fixed this morning.

Regards,

Donald

4 REPLIES 4

Initiate

Replies 3

Hi all,
I am in the same boat. Can sombody please advise if we can edit the month on the enrollment form. I also selected May in error and want to change to April. Dont want to lose on the payment coz of the admin error. Please advise

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 2

Hi,

You have to call the ATO and speak to someone. Call the Business Info line with your ABN on 13 28 66. They can amend it over the phone. Expect a long wait on the phone. I made the same mistake and had it fixed this morning.

Regards,

Donald

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your response. I tried all day but the number just doesnt connect most of the times. Once it connected but the person at ATO said their system crashed and cant help me.

Is there a way to do it online? Or via email?

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi,

Their business info line must be really jammed now. The ATO has 800,000 registrations and all of those people would have attemped to enrol in the scheme. Even if 1% made an error, that's 80,000 people trying to call the info line to correct their errors. There isn't anyway to correct it without a call to the ATO. I called at 800am sharp and still had to wait over an hour. Be patient, keep dialling.

Regards,

Donald