Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper for employees hired after September 2020 when business changed hands after 1st March?

Initiate

Views 401

Replies 4

Hi everyone,

I took over a new business in August 2020 which is previously eligible for Jobkeeper also hired a new employee since September, is the new employee also eligible for the jobkeeper payment? The business activity remains same, so is the business under the new company also eligible for the Jobkeeper?

Have read some similar posts but don't quite understand. Can anyone help me with my scenario?

Many thanks

Zoe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Zoe2,

As @SM2304 has advised the new employee is not eligible for the JobKeeper payment as they were not employed on the 1st of July.

Your question as to whether the business under the new company is eligible for Jobkeeper, as long as the entity meets the Employer Eligibility criteria then you can claim for the JobKeeper payments.

Links

Employer Eligibility criteria

4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 1

The new employee is not eligible - the cut off date for new employees is July 1

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks SM2304 for helping me with the question! Very appreciated!

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Zoe2,

As @SM2304 has advised the new employee is not eligible for the JobKeeper payment as they were not employed on the 1st of July.

Your question as to whether the business under the new company is eligible for Jobkeeper, as long as the entity meets the Employer Eligibility criteria then you can claim for the JobKeeper payments.

Links

Employer Eligibility criteria

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for your help