Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper - how to choose monthly or quarterly GST turnover test. Also how to apply Alternative

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Views 143

Replies 2

When I read the JKP guide, it talks about the Monthly or Quarterly GST turnover test. In my first monthly report, I did not get any choice on Business Portal to advise ATO that my estimates are for Quarter Apr-Jun and not monthly. Our BAS reporting period is Quarterly.

Where can I print a copy of my Enrolment details - just wanted to review that I had correctly selected Quarterly Comparision viz. Apr-Jun?

Also, there is no choice provided to select an "Alternate Method".

Can someone clarify if these will be done by ATO or have I missed a step?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Jay3 

I am sorry to hear about your confusion.

If you have completed the appropriate turnover test for a quarterly period, when you register for JobKeeper select the first month of the quarter from which your business experienced the fall in turnover or expects to experience a fall in turnover.

After you have submitted your application, you can select Print preview and then either save as a PDF, or Print. Alternately you would need to phone us. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

If you are using the alternative turnover test you don't need to advise this when registering, you need to keep good records of your calculations. If there is a significant difference between your projected turnover and what eventuates, we may need to assess whether your assessment was reasonable.

There is additional information in our FAQs which will assist you.

Good luck with everything.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Jay3 

I am sorry to hear about your confusion.

If you have completed the appropriate turnover test for a quarterly period, when you register for JobKeeper select the first month of the quarter from which your business experienced the fall in turnover or expects to experience a fall in turnover.

After you have submitted your application, you can select Print preview and then either save as a PDF, or Print. Alternately you would need to phone us. Our call centres are very busy at the moment, however we have extended our hours of operation and I would recommend calling outside of the core business hours.

If you are using the alternative turnover test you don't need to advise this when registering, you need to keep good records of your calculations. If there is a significant difference between your projected turnover and what eventuates, we may need to assess whether your assessment was reasonable.

There is additional information in our FAQs which will assist you.

Good luck with everything.

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thanks Sue for those clarifications.