Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper late inclusion

Initiate

Views 707

Replies 1

"To receive the support from the Federal Government, employers must pay their staff who were employed at March 1 for the fortnight starting from March 30, which is when the government payments are backdated to."

In regards to the statement above, my boss originally elected to leave me off his application for jobkeeper (lodged on April 6) despite including two other employees who do more hours. I am eligible as have worked there for over 4 years, so when I questioned this he told me that he couldn't afford it and said if I could organise a $4500 loan, he would include me. Despite my boss refusing to sign a loan agreement, my husband's company loaned him $1500 (interest free to help him) to pay the second instalment. He said that we were too late to amend the STP for the first period as he had already completed that for the other employees. 

My question is, am I still in the system if the first payment was paid on 21/4 for the fortnight 5/4 - 18/4. (Our fortnightly pays don't line up with ATO). I have not been offered or signed an employee nomination form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you're employer is choosing to participate (they don't have to), they must claim for all eligible employees. To claim payments for April, they need to ensure they have paid them the minimum $1500 per fortnight before tax by the end of April. If they've done this, they have until end of May to actually enrol. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you're employer is choosing to participate (they don't have to), they must claim for all eligible employees. To claim payments for April, they need to ensure they have paid them the minimum $1500 per fortnight before tax by the end of April. If they've done this, they have until end of May to actually enrol.