Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Jobkeeper late nomination

Views 970

Replies 4

My long term Employer for my casual work is eligable ( registered, claiming for other employees ) and willing to claim Jobkeeper payments for me ( I am currently stood down, but will be needed again when things pick up). I have just been made redundant from my permanent main part time employment at a university that was ineligable for Jobkeeper payments. Can I now nominate my Casual Employer and they register me starting payments from last week in May or start of June?     ( Termination date not confirmed as yet).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Toby61 

We have received some clarification about your situation.

If you no longer have a permanent employer and never agreed to be nominated by your permanent employer when you were employed, you can agree to be nominated by your casual employer as long as you were a long-term casual employee of your casual on 1 March 2020 and meet the other eligibility requirements.

Hope this helps. Thanks, Nate

4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Toby61,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

If you were made redundant after 1 March 2020, your employer may choose to re-engage you and claim JobKeeper on your behalf if you both meet the eligibility criteria. You will only be paid JobKeeper payment from the fortnight you were re-engaged.

More information can be found under Employees who were stood down or terminated. If you are nominating your casual employer, make sure to sign the employee nomination notice and check you meet the employee eligibility criteria.

All the best,

Dejan

Replies 1

Thank you Dejan for replying.

Question, Did you actually read my question? I thought I was clear enough regarding my situation. As of 1st March I was not eligible to nominate with my second job (employer eligible) which was casual as I had a Main permanent part time job with a university but they were ineligible. Now as from last week in May I (and a lot of other people) have been made redundant from my Main job at University. (The University has always been ineligible and redundancies are permanent)

Reading the  employee eligibility criteria. is a bit ambiguous.

However on reading the Employee test requirements  I believe I am eligible and will fill in a nomination form with my long term casual Employer ( from last week in May my only employment ), applying for Jobkeeper payments starting last week in May. Anyone... Based on this information only please tell me if I am not eligible, or if I am. Thank you.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Toby61,

Thank you for your response. The website advises If you were made redundant after 1 March 2020. Not on 1 March 2020, that is not a concern. Your employer will need to determine if you are now an eilgible employee. They can update their information when reporting to ATO for ongoing JobKeeper payments. You would need to complete a Nomination notice and provide it to your employer. Enrolment for JobKeeper payment has also been extended till 31 May.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.     

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Toby61 

We have received some clarification about your situation.

If you no longer have a permanent employer and never agreed to be nominated by your permanent employer when you were employed, you can agree to be nominated by your casual employer as long as you were a long-term casual employee of your casual on 1 March 2020 and meet the other eligibility requirements.

Hope this helps. Thanks, Nate