Announcements
There have been some changes to the JobKeeper employee eligibility rules starting from 3 August 2020. Visit our website for more information or ask a question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper nominating employees

Highlighted

Views 683

Replies 3

Hi,
Do I have to nominate ALL eligible employees for the Jobkeeper payment or can I nominate who I want?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

You need to nominate all eligible employees, unless one or more employees do not want you to nominate them.

Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible
employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure
that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.
This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or
have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will
participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 2

You need to nominate all eligible employees, unless one or more employees do not want you to nominate them.

Below is a quote from the Explanatory Statement that accompanies the Job Keeper rules.

"Once an employer decides to participate in the JobKeeper scheme and their eligible
employees have agreed to be nominated by the employer, the employer must ensure
that all of these eligible employees are covered by their participation in the scheme.
This includes all eligible employees who are undertaking work for the employer or
have been stood down. The employer cannot select which eligible employees will
participate in the scheme. This ‘one in, all in’ rule is a key feature of the scheme."

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Glenn, thx for your response. I have some employees that refuse to work during these times eventhough I have provided an adequate safe work environment including safety ppe. I have some work still available but staff unwilling to work. I realise this is not a tax question, however any qualified advice would be appreciated.. Cheers
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hopefully someone can provide you with guidance.  Failing that, have a look at the Fair Work website or contact Fair Work to see what you can do.  Job Seeker does have some special rules relating to employee duties, job location etc.