Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper non full time student

Initiate

Views 1847

Replies 8

My 17yr old casual worker has been receiving the jobkeeper payment but has recently been told that it will be taken off her Because full time students that are not independent cannot receive it but my daughter doesn't attend school full time she is a TAFE student 2 days a week but still lives at home, can she still receive the jobkeeper payment.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 7

Hi @Issy722

See Are you an eligible employee. We are talking JobKeeper payments here of course not Jobseeker. It should answer your question.

Kind regards

MarkA

8 REPLIES 8

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 7

Hi @Issy722

See Are you an eligible employee. We are talking JobKeeper payments here of course not Jobseeker. It should answer your question.

Kind regards

MarkA

Initiate

Replies 0

My daughter is eligible she is
17yrs old has worked casually for her employer for 2.5yrs avg of 10hrs per week and has been getting the job keeper payment. Her employer emailed yesterday saying that with new regulations all full time students that aren't dependant Can not receive it anymore. But my daughter isn't a full time student so I'm confused. She's not A full time student but does live at home. Can they take the jobkeeper off her.

Initiate

Replies 5

My daughter is eligible she is
17yrs old has worked casually for her employer for 2.5yrs avg of 10hrs per week and has been getting the job keeper payment. Her employer emailed yesterday saying that with new regulations all full time students that aren't dependant Can not receive it anymore. But my daughter isn't a full time student so I'm confused. She's not A full time student

Enthusiast

Replies 4

My daughter is in the same boat. She is 16, goes to TAFE 1 day per week and runs a small business PT on the other days and lives at home. From reading the criteria I think this makes her eligible as she is NOT a full time student.

Initiate

Replies 3

Hi Jane 2000
Have you been able to find any more information on our topic?

Initiate

Replies 2

I see that they have to be over 16 years of age on the Jobkeeper form but can't see any mention they can't be full time student as well?

Initiate

Replies 1

It was a current update yesterday and it's says " full time students that are dependant are not eligible" but my daughter isn't a full time student. Very confusing

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks it is confusing as not on ATO website