Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper overpayment

I'm new

Views 506

Replies 1

I was working at a restaurant and started to receive jobkeeper payments in April. In September I started a new full time job and I informed the restaurant that I will not be working for them anymore. The following two weeks the restaurant paid me two job keeper payments, to which I told them I think this is incorrect and they said yes their payroll made a mistake. Now the restaurant is saying I have to pay back the two overpayments, is this correct? Am I entitled to say no it's your fault? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ Mevanscl

Thanks for your question. It's not something you need to worry about however the employer may have to repay the amount to us depending on the reason for the error. If it was an honest mistake we may not ask them to repay the amount. If we identify that a JobKeeper overpayment needs to be repaid we will write to the employer and advise them of this. Maybe direct your employer to our website if they have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for contacting us and have a nice day!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ Mevanscl

Thanks for your question. It's not something you need to worry about however the employer may have to repay the amount to us depending on the reason for the error. If it was an honest mistake we may not ask them to repay the amount. If we identify that a JobKeeper overpayment needs to be repaid we will write to the employer and advise them of this. Maybe direct your employer to our website if they have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for contacting us and have a nice day!