Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper payment extension Eligibility

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 316

Replies 3

As sole trader with no employees have question related to the below fact sheet related to jobkeeper payment extension:

From 28 September 2020, businesses and not-for-profits will be required to reassess their eligibility with reference to their actual GST turnover in the June and September quarters 2020. They will need to demonstrate that they have met the relevant decline in turnover test in both of those quarters to be eligible for the JobKeeper Payment from 28 September 2020 to 3 January 2021.

https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-07/Fact_sheet-JobKeeper_Payment_extension.pdf

Question - Can I combine the June and September quarter revenue for 2020 and compare to same period in 2019 when working out decline in turnover of 30% to qualify for jobkeeper extension?

Currently my June quarter comparsion is much more then 30% decline, but the Septemeber quarter may be more like 25% decline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @myoman 

Information announced on the 21st July about the proposed JobKeeper extension is available on the Treasury website.

Our website and artlices will be updated when more information is available.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

Unlikely

If you only decline 25% in September quarter, then you do not qualify under the new rules, which says you have to have at least a 30% decline in BOTH the June and September quarters

EACH ONE must show the relevant decline, otherwise they would have said an overall downturn when combining both quarters

Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

No - each quarter needs 30% decline separately, not in total

Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @myoman 

Information announced on the 21st July about the proposed JobKeeper extension is available on the Treasury website.

Our website and artlices will be updated when more information is available.