Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper payment stopped and may now discontinue

Views 1270

Replies 1

Hi
My jobkeeper payments were received for 2 x pay cycles, then a normal wage ($220) pay cycle 3, then job keeper for pay cycle 4. When questioning cycle 3 with employer she said she’s trying to fix problem but it may take a week (it’s been 10 days) and that future JK payments are Also likely to stop as the business is no longer eligible.
Q. If a business was eligible in March can it then be ineligible as business picks up?
Q. If the business stops paying my jobkeeper and goes back to paying my normal wage, will this be picked up by ato if the business receives JK but it’s not passed on the the employee?
My Employer gets very annoyed if any questions are raised about it and I don’t want to keep asking incase she sacks me as a casual worker.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @EllenT 

Employers only need to satisfy the decline in turnover test once to be entitled to JobKeeper. For example, satisfying it for March 2020 is sufficient, even if their business recovers to previous levels after this. There are ongoing reporting obligations for employers about their current and projected GST turnover, but even where these show a recovery of turnover they don’t affect eligibility.

The employer does have the right though to cease JobKeeper claims at any time. If they cease claiming JobKeeper monthly reimbursement through us, then they can revert back to paying you your normal wage.

The ATO are looking at post-payment audit activity to ensure that people have satisfied the eligibility criteria. One of those criteria is to ensure that employers are paying each of their eligible employees $1,500 (before tax) in the relevant fortnight. However, if you are concerned your employer might be doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @EllenT 

Employers only need to satisfy the decline in turnover test once to be entitled to JobKeeper. For example, satisfying it for March 2020 is sufficient, even if their business recovers to previous levels after this. There are ongoing reporting obligations for employers about their current and projected GST turnover, but even where these show a recovery of turnover they don’t affect eligibility.

The employer does have the right though to cease JobKeeper claims at any time. If they cease claiming JobKeeper monthly reimbursement through us, then they can revert back to paying you your normal wage.

The ATO are looking at post-payment audit activity to ensure that people have satisfied the eligibility criteria. One of those criteria is to ensure that employers are paying each of their eligible employees $1,500 (before tax) in the relevant fortnight. However, if you are concerned your employer might be doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.