Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper payment

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 159

Replies 1

Hi,

I have been working for 1.5 years for a recruitment agency, they placed me to work in a factory for the whole period on regular casual work.
Our work hours have been significantly reduced since the pandemic has started. And I hv contacted the agency who advised that they aren't eligible for the Jobkeeper wage subsidy, can you please let me know if there is any special criteria the agencies need to meet, and why we won't be getting the payment as a long term casuals, thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bashar,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Employers must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible for the JobKeeper payment.

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you must choose your permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

You can work out if you’re an eligible employee here. Keep in mind, it’s the employer’s decision to choose whether they participate in the JobKeeper scheme or not.

All the best,
Dejan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bashar,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Employers must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible for the JobKeeper payment.

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you must choose your permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

You can work out if you’re an eligible employee here. Keep in mind, it’s the employer’s decision to choose whether they participate in the JobKeeper scheme or not.

All the best,
Dejan