Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper payments have stopped

Highlighted

Views 790

Replies 4

Hi! I have been receiving Jobkeeper payments until yesterday. My employer has said that they can no longer pay its employees to be kept on Jobkeeper as they are now worse financially by paying these payments to staff due to the government not paying them any of the Jobkeeper payment reimbursements. They’ve made numerous phone calls and even tried to get help from a local member who also called and they are getting no where.

There are multiple staff members being affected by the government’s non-payment, who are now very stressed on how they will make mortgage/rent payments, bill payments and put food on the table from next week.

Our employer’s business is most definitely eligible and this is affecting many people. The media shows how great Jobkeeper is working and how they are ‘under budget’ paying Jobkeeper, yet our employer is financially struggling due to doing the right thing and paying in advance to keep their staff. When will their payments be made to reimburse them and also so the staff involved can continue to receive payments?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Mwal 

As an employee, you will not be paid the JobKeeper payment by the ATO. The payment comes from your employer who is later reimbursed by the ATO. Tax will be withheld from the payment at your marginal tax rate so you may receive less than $1,500 in your bank account.

Please see How much you will get from your employer and Paying your eligible employees.

Any details pertaining to your employer need to be followed up by them.

This forum cannot disclose any client specific details.

If you require financial assistance you may wish to check Services Australia for JobSeeker eligibility

You may also wish to look at eligibility for Early access to your Super.

All the best.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Mwal 

As an employee, you will not be paid the JobKeeper payment by the ATO. The payment comes from your employer who is later reimbursed by the ATO. Tax will be withheld from the payment at your marginal tax rate so you may receive less than $1,500 in your bank account.

Please see How much you will get from your employer and Paying your eligible employees.

Any details pertaining to your employer need to be followed up by them.

This forum cannot disclose any client specific details.

If you require financial assistance you may wish to check Services Australia for JobSeeker eligibility

You may also wish to look at eligibility for Early access to your Super.

All the best.

Highlighted

Replies 2

Thank you for your response and yes I know the employer pays it. As per my post, my employer has paid all of their staff for April and May but the ATO have NOT PAID THE EMPLOYER. My employer is now out of pocket over $100,000 and have not been paid yet by the ATO and they now can’t afford to pay the staff after this week. Because the ATO haven’t reimbursed them they have no more money to pay staff Jobkeeper to be reimbursed! We are now all WITHOUT JOBKEEPER payments and NO INCOME.
They’ve tried phoning and ATO won’t fix it, just keep putting them off.
Highlighted

Replies 1

I just want ATO to pay our employer it’s reimbursements of Jobkeeper payments already paid out ASAP so the staff can continue to get Jobkeeper. ATO please pay my employer ASAP. People are without money!!
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mwal,

Thank you for your reply. I can appreciate and understand your frustration. Unfortunately we do not have access to client accounts and are unable to follow this up through this forum. Your employer would need to contact us and have the matter escalated if they have not done already. They can also lodge a complaint if they are dissatisfied with the progress of the escalation.

Staff are working extended hours so you may call M-F till 8am -10pm and on the weekend 10am-4pm in your local state.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.