Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper payments

Highlighted

Views 188

Replies 1

My employer initially deemed me ineligible for jobkeeper payments and then after further discussion said that I was in fact eligible. They paid me for 1 of the fortnights (April-May) and 2 days later have taken back their decision regarding my eligibility and are asking me to repay the money. Can anyone advise on the legality of this?

I have been a casual employee for 2.5 years and work a varying number of shifts/hours each fortnight. I still maintain that I am eligible based on criteria published on the ATO and FairWork websites.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sness,

Thanks fore reaching out to ATO Community, we understand it is a difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Provided your employer meets the employer eligibility criteria and you also meet the eligible employee criteria you would receive the JobKeeper payment.

There is further information regarding employers paying the JobKeeper Payment and Paying your eligible employees on the ATO website.

I would also suggest contacting Fair Work as they are the best place to direct your question to. You might want to have a read through their JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act which may provide you with some further information regarding employer/employee obligations.

Unfortunately the ATO is only administering the payment and cannot assist with questions about working conditions.

Good luck with it all.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sness,

Thanks fore reaching out to ATO Community, we understand it is a difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Provided your employer meets the employer eligibility criteria and you also meet the eligible employee criteria you would receive the JobKeeper payment.

There is further information regarding employers paying the JobKeeper Payment and Paying your eligible employees on the ATO website.

I would also suggest contacting Fair Work as they are the best place to direct your question to. You might want to have a read through their JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act which may provide you with some further information regarding employer/employee obligations.

Unfortunately the ATO is only administering the payment and cannot assist with questions about working conditions.

Good luck with it all.