Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper reduction when working multiple jobs

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 124

Replies 2

Hey there,

Before COVID-19, I made a living as a lighting technician for the performing arts, working for several different venues. My primary employer, Arts Centre Melbourne, was not eligible for JobKeeper, being a state government organisation. I would normally work 25+ hours a week for that employer. I've been claiming JobKeeper through another employer, Melbourne Theatre Company, but since I didn't work many hours for them over February, they have informed me that my JobKeeper payments will be reducing to $750 after 28 September. This really puts me in a tight spot financially.

Because of the pandemic, none of my employers will be open for business before next year. Has any provision been made for people like me who have multiple employers that their working hours are spread across?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @JBKnibbs,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You'll be able to find information regarding economic relief over at Treasury's information page on Covid-19. Alas, government organisations are indeed not eligible for JobKeeper, and for employees who were working in a business or not-for-profit for less than 20 hours a week on average the payments will be reduced to $750 per fortnight. You may need to look at your options with Services Australia to see what you are eligible for there based on your reduced income. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

Not as far as Jobkeeper is concerned

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @JBKnibbs,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You'll be able to find information regarding economic relief over at Treasury's information page on Covid-19. Alas, government organisations are indeed not eligible for JobKeeper, and for employees who were working in a business or not-for-profit for less than 20 hours a week on average the payments will be reduced to $750 per fortnight. You may need to look at your options with Services Australia to see what you are eligible for there based on your reduced income.