Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Jobkeeper withheld

Views 504

Replies 2

I am a longterm casual who has been receiving jobkeeper since April. I have recently had to take some time off (4 shifts) for medical reasons. This was authorised unpaid leave. My employer stopped my jobkeeper for this period as I normally wouldn't be paid sick leave, however it clearly states on the ombudsman website that eligible employees on authorised unpaid leave must receive the full jobkeeper payment for that period. I have not had much success with talking to anyone at the ATO....some saying absolutely my employer can't do this but others saying that it's up to the employer whether they pay or not. Would love some clarification.

Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The rules are clear - the employer must pay 1500 per fortnight while you are eligible & remain employed

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The rules are clear - the employer must pay 1500 per fortnight while you are eligible & remain employed

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @indie1,

Although we at the ATO distribute the payments, your best point of attack for employee/employer disputes, including surrounding JobKeeper, is indeed the Fair Work Ombudsmen - the same place where you found the information you mentioned in your post. If I were you I would give them a call for further guidance.