Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 296

Replies 2

I am employed in a Dental Practice and I am receiving jobkeeper payment. The business is closed at the moment. I have been advised business is reopening next week.
As I am over 60 and have suffered from asthma I consider myself at risk as do the health authorities as I understand it. I am wondering if I declined to resume work until more restrictions are lifted and it is considered safer am I still entitled to get the jobkeeper payment?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 1

Hi Jb55 

Good question, though sounds to me like an industrial law issue. The FairWork Act is administered by the Fair Work Ombudsman who can be contacted here. SafeWork Australia may also be able to provide information. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 1

Hi Jb55 

Good question, though sounds to me like an industrial law issue. The FairWork Act is administered by the Fair Work Ombudsman who can be contacted here. SafeWork Australia may also be able to provide information. 

Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

As poster above said it is fair work issue. You have a very valid concern and the employer if being unreasonable can’t stop your jobkeeper payment.