Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper

I'm new

Views 727

Replies 2

Good morning to whoever it may concern,

Currently, I am eligible for Jobkeeper and I am receiving the $1500 fortnightly, however, I am currently not working.

Must be currently working to continue receiving payments or does it not matter whether I work or not to receive payments because I am eligible for Jobkeeper? 

My Boss was wondering if I am not working would my payments stop coming through. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi @Rebecca0133,

Great question,

My understanding is that if as long as you are eligible for Jobkeeper there are no working hours required.

However if your employer needs you to work they have rights to ask if it is not unreasonable. 

If you want some more information around this you can have a look at the Fair Work web page here: https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/pay-and-leave-during-c...

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi @Rebecca0133,

Great question,

My understanding is that if as long as you are eligible for Jobkeeper there are no working hours required.

However if your employer needs you to work they have rights to ask if it is not unreasonable. 

If you want some more information around this you can have a look at the Fair Work web page here: https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/pay-and-leave-during-c...

Megastar

Replies 0

Hi @Rebecca0133,

Great question!

If an employee receives Job Keeper, there is no minimum number of hours they need to work.

The number of hours worked (if any at all) is by agreement between your employer and you, subject to this being in compliance with Fair Work laws.

I hope that helps,

Edwina