Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper

Highlighted

Views 114

Replies 1

I turned 18 after March 1st so I am no longer elegible for jobkeeper payments after May 11 but I have recently dropped out of full time Uni so does that mean I will be elegible for future payments even though I was 17 and still in Uni on March 1st? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @starfruit 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

Both an employer an employee have to meet all the eligibility requirements to be eligible for JobKeeper payment.

For full time students aged 16 and 17 years old: 

Full time students who are 17 years old and younger, and who are not financially independent, are not eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.  This clarification will apply prospectively, which would mean an eligible employer that has already met the wage condition of paying such an employee $1,500 for a fortnight could be entitled to a JobKeeper Payment in arrears for that fortnight.

For information in regards to students, you can see the media release issued by the Treasurer, the Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, on 24 April 2020.

The eligibility requirements for JobKeeper payment mean that all employer and an employee meet all criteria on 1 March 2020.

I really hope this information helps you and you all remain safe and well during this difficult time.

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments, you may be able to apply for support through Services Australia depending on your personal circumstances or even consider an early release of superannuation.

For more general information you can look at our webpage: Support for individuals and employees.

I really hope this information helps you and you remain safe and well during this difficult time.

MariR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @starfruit 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

Both an employer an employee have to meet all the eligibility requirements to be eligible for JobKeeper payment.

For full time students aged 16 and 17 years old: 

Full time students who are 17 years old and younger, and who are not financially independent, are not eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.  This clarification will apply prospectively, which would mean an eligible employer that has already met the wage condition of paying such an employee $1,500 for a fortnight could be entitled to a JobKeeper Payment in arrears for that fortnight.

For information in regards to students, you can see the media release issued by the Treasurer, the Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, on 24 April 2020.

The eligibility requirements for JobKeeper payment mean that all employer and an employee meet all criteria on 1 March 2020.

I really hope this information helps you and you all remain safe and well during this difficult time.

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments, you may be able to apply for support through Services Australia depending on your personal circumstances or even consider an early release of superannuation.

For more general information you can look at our webpage: Support for individuals and employees.

I really hope this information helps you and you remain safe and well during this difficult time.

MariR