Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Jobkeeper

Views 564

Replies 1

A colleague is being paid jobkeeper fortnightly. The company is using the ATO weekly tax table to calculate the tax. Instead of withholding $192 (fortnightly tax table) They are being taxed $352 (weekly tax table). They say their system will only calculate tax from the weekly tax table. They say that my colleague will get the tax corrected when they do their annual tax return. They will have to wait until after June 30 2020 to get almost $1000 back for the first 3 months of jobkeeper and then wait until after June 2021 to get the next $1000. Is this ok for the employer to do this or does this contravene any tax law?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

@colwoody that is a hard for you your friend. I would ask the employer to tax $750 each week.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

@colwoody that is a hard for you your friend. I would ask the employer to tax $750 each week.