Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper

Initiate

Views 1764

Replies 8

Hi all. My overarching employer and myself are now in a little mess regarding jobkeeper. It is best I explain that I work for a franchise and my employer never changed, nor my employee ID, just the location around mid last year. In fact for about a month I was on the electronic register for both stores and going freely between both. I have been with the employer since late 2018. A general manager and I just found out that I missed getting jobkeeper while everyone else is, we believe it is a mistake because I changed stores. I am currently receiving jobseeker and believe when it's all sorted I will need to contact Centrelink and pay some of it back. How can we fix this? Is there and deadline and should it be back paid? Would changing location lose my entitlement despite the same employer? Anything else I should be aware of?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Check your pay slips or PAYG Payment Summaries, and if they have different ABNs, then in fact your employer has changed, and if you haven't been working for the most recent one for more than 12 months at 1/3/20, then you will not qualify for JobKeeper

8 REPLIES 8

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Check your pay slips or PAYG Payment Summaries, and if they have different ABNs, then in fact your employer has changed, and if you haven't been working for the most recent one for more than 12 months at 1/3/20, then you will not qualify for JobKeeper

Initiate

Replies 1

I just checked. I'm employed by the same company, same name, same ABN, same ID for me. No paperwork was done on my part for the transfer it's just their electronic system. The payslips are all from the same company. The person who picked it up also asked me to check payslips. It's just a different location, we have some people like me who go between 2 or more and for over a month I was rostered on at both at the same time depending on need. Thanks

Devotee

Replies 0

Then based on this, it appears you qualify.
How you fix it - sorry, I can't answer that.

Hopefully someone from ATO can help

Former Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @PurpleCat,

Thank you for reaching out to the community,

Like @Mike1 has kindly pointed out, it seems that you have been a long-term employee as at 1 March 2020. Given you fulfil the other employee eligibility criteria you will be entitled to the JobKeeper payment.

If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us today and we can help you get it submitted.

If you’re receiving or have applied for an income support payment like JobSeeker Payment and your employer starts paying you JobKeeper payment, you must report that income to Services Australia. If you don’t, they will pay you too much and you’ll have a debt to pay back. If you start to get JobKeeper payment you may need to cancel your JobSeeker Payment to avoid getting a debt.

All the best,
Dejan

Initiate

Replies 0

Hey, I can't yet because because they missed me and haven't given me any paperwork. I will find out tonight what happened between the other managers and may have to contact the owners directly because they only have a couple of days to sort it out before it's a headache. It's a mess because they will have to back pay me, because it's not the same amount, and then I will have to contact Centrelink so they can work out what I need to pay back 😅

Initiate

Replies 2

Hey I just edited this because I called ATO. The lady was very helpful and confirmed what I knew, that the onus is entirely on the employer and they have until Friday to fix it and then I get back paid, after that it's Fairwork. How can I get a jobkeeper enrolment in? Don't I need the employer to do it and nominate me? I don't have anything from them. I'm worried this could go to the Fairwork commission to get my entitlements. I don't want it to get messy but I won't stand down on missing out.

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @PurpleCat,

I know this can get a little confusing, you are correct your employer needs to nominate you to receive JobKeeper payments.

You will need to complete a nomination form and your employer can add you as an eligible employee if you meet the guidelines. They will need to ensure they have paid you as per the JobKeeper fortnights and contact us before COB 5 June 2020 to nominate you for the April and May fortnights. If you are eligible and your employer has registered for JobKeeper payments they are required to nominate all eligible employees.

If you have questions about workplace entitlements and obligations in relation to the JobKeeper Payment scheme, the Fair Work Commission has released guidance on how it can assist with JobKeeper disputes. If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

Good luck with everything.

Initiate

Replies 0

Hello, and thanks. I don't believe anything intentionally dodgy is going on, just a mistake, but we're worried the owners will miss the date. They have been contacted about it and I made sure my manager knows everything, he has tried to contact them for me, I said I would be happy to talk to them if needed. I really don't want to go to Fairwork if they miss the date. I was told they can still pay May after Friday, just not April, and I don't think we were getting it in April anyway. If it's not too much difference between Seeker and Keeper over April it's better to let it go than escalating the situation, and I really don't want to do it without boss's support and I know I will be advised to let it go. It's not worth souring the relationship between people at work, missing future payments and potentially losing my job etc over it and then being forced onto a job plan with Jobseeker. I'm still getting something at least. We will see how it goes.