Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Jobkeeper

Views 396

Replies 1

So I had 2 jobs, one for roughly 5 years and one for 2 months and they are both casuals. One of them I’m not working anymore due to Covid 19 and the other I’m still working 38 hours a week but I’m a casual for this company. The job I’ve had for 5 years is the one I’m not working at anymore. Am I eligible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi  @Gammie99 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community  regarding the JobKeeper Payment.

The below information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article and provides some further advice.

Are casual employees eligible?

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you can only claim JobKeeper through your permanent employer. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible, you may not be able to claim JobKeeper at all.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Thanks

SarahB1

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi  @Gammie99 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community  regarding the JobKeeper Payment.

The below information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article and provides some further advice.

Are casual employees eligible?

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you can only claim JobKeeper through your permanent employer. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible, you may not be able to claim JobKeeper at all.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Thanks

SarahB1