Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Linking ATO to myGov

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 171

Replies 2

SOLVED 

Hi, So it's my first time dealing with ATO in terms of Tax. I've got my Notice of Assessment and trying to connect ATO with myGov account. However, it asks me for BANK INFORMATION and when I enter my info it returns error. I've verified REFERENCE NUMBER etc. I tried calling at 13 28 65 and after waiting for more than 1 hour the call automatically dropped. Is there any way for me to link ATO with myGov without calling if I've lodged tax for first time. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @itswasifazad

Thanks for your post.

When you link our online services to your myGov account, you will need to provide a few personal details and confirm your identity by answering a couple of questions. For more information about how to get started with ATO online services, refer to our website.

We can only accept answers that match information we have on file for you. If you don't have enough information or the answer doesn't match, you will need to phone us on the Individuals enquiries number so that we can give you a unique linking code.

We appreciate that our phone lines are especially busy at the moment due to the government's economic response to COVID-19. If you can't get through now, we suggest trying again at a later time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 0

Unfortunatey it appears like the ATO simply don't care. I've got a friend who printed out motor registry screendumps of his license details and still can't match them with mygovid, so no hope really.

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @itswasifazad

Thanks for your post.

When you link our online services to your myGov account, you will need to provide a few personal details and confirm your identity by answering a couple of questions. For more information about how to get started with ATO online services, refer to our website.

We can only accept answers that match information we have on file for you. If you don't have enough information or the answer doesn't match, you will need to phone us on the Individuals enquiries number so that we can give you a unique linking code.

We appreciate that our phone lines are especially busy at the moment due to the government's economic response to COVID-19. If you can't get through now, we suggest trying again at a later time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR