Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

MATERNITY LEAVE- ELIGIBLE FOR JOB KEEPER?

Highlighted

Views 1551

Replies 2

I am currently on unpaid Maternity Leave, i have been employed at the same workplace for 9 years as part - time. I have been on mat leave since August 2019- due back no later than August 2020 (no set date as of yet). My workplace had sent me Job Keeper paper work to fill out- I completed these & sent them back. Am I entitled to the Job Keeper payment? My work place has since told me I am not eligible/entitled. I am finding information confusing for maternity leave employees.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kristy_D 

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your patience.

Yes you should be eligible for JobKeeper payments, unless you are in receipt of Australian Government Parental Leave Pay . If you are on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave) your employer is still required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.

I hope this helps.

EmilyH

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Replies 0

ATO REPRESENTITIVE - can you please answer my question Smiley Happy I am really intrigued as you've responded to others suggesting they are eligible. I would like to know my personal situation. Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kristy_D 

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your patience.

Yes you should be eligible for JobKeeper payments, unless you are in receipt of Australian Government Parental Leave Pay . If you are on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave) your employer is still required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.

I hope this helps.

EmilyH